The Gracie Theatre has certain available dates in the calendar year for rent.
NOTE: REQUESTS FOR THE FALL TERM ARE DUE BY MAY 1ST. REQUESTS FOR DATES IN SPRING TERM ARE DUE BY SEPT. 30 THE PRECEDING YEAR.
GENERAL RENTAL GUIDELINES:
- Generally, the Gracie is only available for SINGLE day events due to the academic demands on the theatre.
- Parties interested in renting the Gracie Theatre are
asked to complete a short REQUEST FOR USE FORM so we may review your
event dates and tech requirements to determine accurate pricing*, and whether the theatre can meet your event needs.
- Rental costs are based on event ticket prices and the technical demands of an event.
- Add-on options such as use of the Steinway-B piano,
lighting operators, follow-spot rental and operators, atrium use for
receptions and custodial and security support will be calculated and
added as needed.
may apply for staff and technical assistance. The Gracie does not have a
staff lighting designer or tech crew, so specific tech needs requiring
tech personnel will be handled on a per-event basis.
The following is a list of the Base Rental Prices for a day-use rental. Please contact Jeri Misler at email@example.com or call 207-941-7051 for specific information about rental procedures and availability.
Basic Rental Costs
Non-Profit Organization (501-C3 status): $750.00 base rental per performance day* (6 consecutive hours) Extra hours = $125.00 per hour.
- Rental price includes the use of the
theatre for a six-hour consecutive time frame. Limited tech assistance
(up to 4 microphones, 1 screen with projector and a general lighting wash) is available and included.
- Rehearsal and set-up days: $375.00
- Projector and Screen use: $100.00
- Band Set up and Tech. Includes monitors, additional state-of-the-art microphones, stands, and a lighting package (lighting design at the discretion of theatre tech, additional charges for specific designs): $300.00
- Piano Rental: Steinway B- $150.00 to cover tuning costs.
- The Darling Atrium is included for entrances, and ticket collection. If you plan on a reception in the Atrium, please talk with the managing director about catering options and fees.
*Weekend rentals are subject to additional fees.
For-Profit Organizations: Base rental is $1200.00 for a For-Profit , 6 consecutive hour WEEKEND night rental. Prices may vary depending on type of event, and cost of tickets for event. Rehearsal and/or set-up days are half the rental price determined per show. See list above for additional costs.